Thursday, March 1, 2018

Compassion



How many excuses have you made for other people?

Maybe someone did something that hurt your feelings.. and you were like, "It's ok, they didn't mean it, they have a lot going on. etc."

I know I have done this a million times.. and a lot of the time it isn't as if they were trying to be hurtful. They really do have a lot going on, or it really didn't have anything to do with me.

I have been accused to being too nice, of allowing people to walk all over me and being too kind. I'm not sure that there is such a thing...

We've all heard it said a million times that everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about... and I get that... Always give others the benefit of the doubt! Be kind like crazy, it costs nothing. 

But do you do that for yourself? 

When you make a choice that might not have been the best one, do you beat yourself up about it and call yourself names? 

I used to be soooo good at it. I was brutal and ruthless with myself. There was no forgiveness. I would keep myself up at night going over it. I would go over every choice in the day that could have been better. There would end up being a lot at the end of the day. It was a horrible way to live!

I was depressed and always emotionally exhausted. It was hard to believe that I could do better because I spent so much time and energy focusing on everything that I was doing wrong. I didn't want to get out of bed. I didn't want to do anything for fear that I would do it wrong. 

Can you relate?

There is a really simple practice that helped me make a tremendous shift! So thankful to my soul sisters for helping me to see that what I really needed was not to analyze the situation to death and get lost in all the details, but to give myself some compassion!

I am a worthy and worthwhile human being. I am an amazing creation. I have a unique spark and creativity that no one else will ever have, no one else can express themselves the way I do. No one else can shine my light for me. There is nothing that I need to do in order to be worthy of love, or compassion, or kindness. I already am. 

The same is true for you. It doesn't matter what you've done, or where you've been, where you are now, what you look like, how near or far or your goals are to reality. 

Take a few minutes and give yourself some love! Some compassion! Some kindness! You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment