Tuesday, February 13, 2018


How does this phrase make you feel?

Do you believe it?

There was a time not too long ago when seeing this phrase would infuriate me. I felt confused, hopeless, lost.

"Well if it's really that simple then why am I so miserable?"

"If that's true then why do I feel like there is a black hole in my chest?"

"If that's true then why are there so many unhappy people in the world?"

"If that's true then why aren't things changing no matter how hard I work?"

"What do they have that I don't?"

"How did they get so lucky?"

"Must be nice to be born with a silver spoon!"

I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. People who said stuff like this pissed me off and I just shrugged it off and thought to myself how crazy they are, they live in a fantasy world. It isn't the real world where the rest of us live!

Ultimately, I was jealous. 

Of their peace, of their calm, of their knowing.

But I never stopped and asked questions. I never asked them why they believed it, or what evidence they have seen to believe in such a silly notion.

I wished I had what they had that allowed them to believe that such a thing was true.

If you're really, really, really honest with yourself.. how does this statement make you feel?

Does it give you joy and hope or does it piss you off like it once did for me?

I would love nothing more than to be able to have some honest conversations with people around this topic. If you would be willing to share (privately and confidentially) please send me a message and let's connect! You can also email me if you prefer!

No comments:

Post a Comment