Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Fear


Fear.. we all know what it feels like. It is the anticipation of future pain. It makes us shrink, we pull back from it, we take a defensive posture. We shut down.
I have fear of being judged and rejected.
There is a nasty little voice that tells me that I am really not loveable or relatable. That I am alone. That the real me is horrifying and no one will understand. That being vulnerable and remaining open is stupid and a great way to get really hurt.
But I know better.
Over a lifetime I had crafted a persona that was designed as a shield. I didn't do it consciously but it was very intentional. Every rejection, every wound was a reason to never feel that way again and if I protected myself well enough and built enough defenses (as my ego suggested) I could stay safe.
What my ego (fear based/false self) is incapable of understanding is that in building all of those defenses I separated parts of myself. I tried to become someone that I wasn't for a million reasons. To achieve success, happiness, fulfillment.. by doing the things and being the person that so many people, signals, and society told me I needed to be.
It never felt quite right.. I would do good for a while and then sabotage myself, over, and over, and over, and over. Forcing myself to fit into someone else's mold was never the right choice.
Breaking out of your own shell and living authentically is something your ego will fight tooth and nail! It wants you to stay "safe" and safe equates to nothing changing.
Let's be honest.. you're either growing or you are shrinking. There is no such thing as staying the same. You are either strengthening your fear/false self or you are breaking free.
With each step you take toward loosening your egos grip it is a step toward freedom.
Learning what it means to stand in your truth and to be brave enough to do so is something that comes easier to some, but it is absolutely possible for everyone. It is meant for everyone!
Nothing gives me more joy than to mentor others as they journey and guide them through this process. It has the power to change your whole life. You will discover what sets your soul on fire, you will unlock passion, purpose, calm and ease. You will know what it means to live authentically and to stand in your truth. You will have the courage and strength to do so.
Your biggest, craziest, wildest most unlimited dreams are only outside of your grasp if you aren't reaching for them!
I have limited spaces available for sample sessions you can find the link to schedule in the comments below. If this has sparked anything in you.. please give yourself a chance and let's explore together and see what is possible for you! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Follow this link and let's connect!

No comments:

Post a Comment